Protein Packed Overnight Oats
A submitted recipe by Wendy Nugent, published with permission.
This is basically my version of Overnight Oats In A Jar from a website called skinnytaste.com. I have been eating this as a quick go-to breakfast, but still felt like I was lacking in the protein department. I like to eat my oats cold, but some people like to take it out of the refrigerator for a few minutes before they eat it, to take the “chill” out. I just thought this was something you might like to try if you haven’t already thought of or tried something like this… Let me know what you think!
- 2 Tbsp Juice Plus Complete, Vanilla
- 1 cup Unsweetened Almond milk, (I use Blue Diamond Original)
- 1/4 cup old fashioned rolled oats (Instant works ok too if that is all you have on hand)
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 ripe banana, sliced (I slice, bag, and throw the rest in the freezer)
- 1/4 cup fresh organic blueberries
- Dash cinnamon
- 1-2 Tbsp chopped nuts of choice, optional (almonds, pecans, walnuts are all great options) Be sure to soak them overnight for optimal absorption!
I start by adding the Juice Plus Complete with part of the milk and whisk with a fork, then add the remainder of the milk to get a smooth consistency. Then add the remaining ingredients except the nuts (if using) and stir. Let sit in a covered container overnight and when ready to enjoy, top with chopped nuts of choice. The mixture might still be a little lumpy, but by morning it should be smooth. If not, just give it a quick stir in the morning and you are good to go.
This is so good and really keeps me feeling satisfied until lunch. I might still have a mid-morning snack, but most of the time I make it to lunch without feeling famished.