Health Issues from Unwanted Organisms
"It is estimated that approximately 95% of the American population is infected with a unwanted organism of some kind."
Most people do not know the symptoms of unwanted organisms, this is how so many become infected and do not even know about it. To make identification even harder many organism infections can be dormant and then spring to life.
Identifying your risk level for unwanted organisms based on your lifestyle choices and preferences can be an extremely helpful tool, this is why I am sharing this article with you today. Knowing what increases your risk for unwanted organisms and knowing the possible symptoms of infection will help you to spot trouble and seek help.
About Unwanted Organisms:
There are hundreds of different unwanted organisms such as tapeworms, to pinworms to many others. Unwanted organisms can be amoeba, bacteria, fungi, molds, worms, spores or even ticks.
Be aware that symptoms of unwanted organism infection can come and go but they may still point to an underlying unwanted organism infection because of their reproductive cycles. The various developmental stages of unwanted organisms often produce a variety of metabolic toxins and mechanical irritations in several areas of the body. For example, pinworms can stimulate asthmatic attacks because of their movement into the upper respiratory tract.
To identify your own risk level for unwanted organisms answer the following questions and note the number of items you can answer "yes" to each one.
- Have you ever been to Africa, Asia, Central or South America, China, Europe, Isreal, Mexico or Russia?
- Have you traveled to the Bahamas, the Caribbean, Hawaii, or other tropical islands?
- Do you frequently swim in freshwater lakes, ponds or streams while abroad?
- Did you serve overseas while in the military?
- Were you a prisoner of war in World War II, Korea, or Vietnam?
- Have you had a elevated while blood count, intestinal problems, night sweats or unexplained fever during or since traveling abroad?
- Is your water supply from a mountainous area?
- Do you drink untested water?
- Have you ever drunk from lakes, rivers, or streams on hiking or camping trips without first boiling or filtering it?
- Do you use plain tap water to clean your contact lenses?
- Do you use regular tap water that is unfiltered for colonics or enemas?
- Can you traces the onset of symptoms (intermittent constipation and diarrhea, muscle aches and pains, night sweats, unexplained eye ulcers) to any of the above?
- Do you regularly eat unpeeled raw fruits and raw vegetables in salads?
- Do you frequently eat in Armenian, Chinese, Ethiopian, Filipino, Green, Indiana, Japanese, Korean, Mexican, Pakistani, Thai or vegetarian restaurants; in delicatessens, fast-food restaurants, steak houses, or sushi or salad bars?
- Do you use a microwave oven for cooking (as opposed to reheating) beef, fish or pork?
- Do you prefer fish or meat that is undercooked, i.e., rare or medium rare?
- Do you frequently eat hot dogs made from pork?
- Do you enjoy raw fish dishes like Dutch green herring, latin American ceviche, sushi and/or sashimi?
- Do you enjoy raw meat dishes like Italian carpaccio, Middle Eastern Kibbe, or Steak tartare?
- Do you have persistent acne, anal itching, anemia, anorexia, bad breath, bloody stools, chronic fatigue, difficulty in breathing, edema, food sensitivities, itching, open ileocecal valve, pale skin, palpitations, PMS, puffy eyes, ringing of the ears, sinus congestion, skin eruptions, vague abdominal discomfort, or vertigo?
- Do you grind your teeth?
- Are you experiencing craving for sugar, depressions, disorientation, insomnia, lethargy, loss of appetite, moodiness, or weight loss or gain?
- Does your child have dark circles under her eyes?
- Is your child hyperactive?
- Does your child grind or clench his teeth at night?
- Does your child constantly pick her nose or scratch her behind?
- Does your child have a habit of eating dirt?
- Does your child wet his bed?
- Is your child often restless at night?
- Does your child cry often for no reason?
- Does your child tear her hair out?
- Does your child have a limp that orthopedic treatment has not helped?
- Does your child have brassy, staccato-type cough?
- Does your child have convulsions or an abnormal electroencephalogram (EEG)?
- Does your child have recurring headaches?
- Is your child unusually Sensitive to light and prone to blinking frequently, eyelid twitching, or squinting?
- Does your child have unusual tendencies to bleed in the gums, the nose, or the rectum?
- Does your baby have severe intermittent colic?
- Does your baby persistently bang her or her head against the crib?
- Is your baby a chronic crier?
- Does your baby show a blotchy rash around the perianal area?
Interpretation of unwanted organism risk level:
40 or more: If you answered "yes" to more than forty items, you may be at high risk for unwanted organisms.
30 or more: If you answered "yes" to more than thirty items, you may be at moderate risk for unwanted organisms.
20 or more: If you answered "yes" to more than twenty items, you may be at risk.
Some wonder why they should even care about unwanted organism infections, especially when they aren't suffering from any major health issues. Remember, unwanted organisms rob your body of precious nutrients and can even begin eating their hosts over time. Plus they definitely play a role in what you crave, what you consume and how well your body is able to function.
If your score was over 35 please consider taking a moment to book a telephone session with me so we can discuss your specific observations and get you on the path to improved wellness. Don't let parasites rob your body and destroy all the wellness work you are setting out to do.
Take the first steps toward better health and mental clarity today by booking a consultation today!
When I started with Bonnie my goal was to balance my emotions, get healthier and lose a few pounds. I rated my stress level an 8 and now (3 months later) it’s about a 3. My over all attitudes are better due to how I learned to manage and reduce stress and I truly understand the role of whole food and how it impacts stress. I have also managed to get off of all the medications that I was on; as well keep from going on another medication my doctor wanted me on due to some health concerns. I am now able to reapply for some insurance that was previously too expensive with a real chance of a normal or preferred rate when I apply later this year. Your program is a total wellness approach and not just nutrition education.
I’ve been able to get off my medication, my energy level has increased, my attitude is good and I’ve dropped a few pounds. I would highly recommend this program to anyone concerned about your health and the type of food you may be eating. It has been great, Bonnie is a true professional and easy to work with.