Bonnie's Spicy Vegan Carrot Soup Recipe
Many have asked for this tried and true recipe, and now you've got it! This is delicious, warming carrot soup that is perfect the cold winter months.
- 1 tablespoon cold pressed coconut oil
- 1 large organic onion chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 pounds organic carrots sliced
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, chopped finely
- 1/2 teaspoon of Celtic Sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 cups, organic low-sodium, strong vegetable broth
In a large saucepan heat the oil, garlic, onions, carrots and Celtic sea salt, and gently stir for about 5 min.
Add the spices and stir for another 5 min. letting the flavors infuse.
Cover with stock and bring to a boil. Simmer gently for about 45 min. or until the carrot is cooked through.
Purée soup in your blender (I like to use my Vitamix) return to the pot and stir. Garnish with optional fresh coriander and parsley if you prefer.
Recipe adapted from a Lorenz book title 'Healing Foods for Special Diets".
If you enjoyed this you can find more of my favorite recipes can be found in my Recipes to Renew Recipe Book.