Our goal is to educate and empower people to ensure they know what will heal their bodies instead of causing harm. Since Valentine’s Day is part of “sugar season,” we felt it was an appropriate time. Sugar is the culprit in creating inflammation in the body, along with suppressing the immune system and gut flora. The following gifts can benefit every aspect of a person’s life and won’t add to the degradation of health.
Dark Chocolate. Who doesn’t love this stuff? Even though it does contain some sugar, it is better than conventional milk chocolate when eaten in moderation. However, I’m not talking about Dove or Hershey’s due to the cheap and toxic fillers including genetically modified ingredients. Endangered species Chocolate is one brand that uses real cocoa, is gluten-free and NON-GMO Project Verified. If your loved one doesn’t understand the dangers of genetically modified ingredients, include a copy of Genetic Roulette or GMO OMG in the basket. It is best to purchase over 70% cocoa to reap the antioxidant benefits. The organic milk chocolate doesn’t cut it and typically contains far too much sugar.
- Neal’s Yard Remedies Organic body care products. Women can come into contact with hundreds of toxic chemicals before they leave their home from their lotion, deodorant and makeup. These endocrine (hormone) disruptors have been linked to many forms of cancer. Spending a few extra pennies on your personal care products for yourself, teenagers and loved ones will pay off long term and can be one more step to help prevent cancer.
- Essential Oils.
I first started using essential oils for the emotional benefits. Starter kits are as low as $26 to $170 for the set of 10. However, you can buy individual oils such as lemon or wild orange for under $15. Essential oils, if pure, are the lifeblood of a plant that support the respiratory system as well as cognitive function. Essential oils can be used topically, aromatically (diffuser) or externally with some self-education. We provide essential oils classes at our center and can be found on our events calendar.
- Fresh Organic Fruit Baskets. Our favorite supplier of citrus fruit is The Orange Shoppe. They pick them fresh and ship direct to you. The taste doesn’t compare to store-bought produce and eating them over a sink is recommended due to the juiciness factor! You can mix different varieties of oranges and grapefruit for a practical, nutrient-dense gift. This is the perfect gift for those living in cold climates as they are a slice of sunshine that most of us haven’t seen for a while.
- Infrared (FIR) pad. Infrared heat is healing heat unlike conventional heating pads. Infrared pads can simply warm the body internally on chilly winter nights to provide relief from colds, flu, aches, pains and fever. The HTE model has a sixty minute timer so you can safely use for children and the elderly without worrying about burning. The average cost is $199 but if you attend an education session, the company will allow us to sell it for $139.
- Vitamix Food Processor/Blender. I have owned all the other models as well as juicers and none hold a candle to the speed and ability to break down food into the small particle size like the Vitamix. Green smoothies should be a daily part of your diet so you need a machine with a powerful motor that only Vitamix offers. Like any product, you get what you pay for. The Vitamix carries a 7-year warranty and B Renewed can provide free shipping and product demonstrations when you order from our Center. Prices start as low as $349 up to $649. However, I’ve found the mid-priced unit ($449) has served our family well for almost 7 years.
- Chi Machine. The Chi Machine has helped me, my family and our clients with our wellness goals. It is the simplest form of stress reduction and all you have to do is lay flat and relax. Prices range from $449-$549.
- Nutritional Testing Gift Certificate. Need a gift for a parent or the person who has everything? Then this is it! We can help you decide what testing would benefit your loved one most. To uncover hidden heavy metal toxins, use Hair Mineral Tissue testing. If your loved one is eating clean and still can’t find the cause for their symptoms, Food Intolerance testing can be highly beneficial. If you are not sure where to start, an initial Wellness Assessment is the best place. Gift certificates can be purchased starting at $50 and up to purchase nutritional testing services. Nutrition testing doesn’t diagnose, it helps uncover imbalances in the body and sometimes long before the symptoms develop into disease.
Our entire focus is on education, empowerment, and prevention. Our wish for you this Valentine’s and everyday is to live life with vitality and reduced stress including physical, emotional and nutritional (excesses and deficiencies). Take time to educate yourself because an ounce of prevention is worth more than a pound of cure today.