Mouth-Watering Oven-Fried Fish
For variety, try this heart-healthy fish recipe with any kind of fish. All ingredients we use are gluten-free.
- 2 lbs fish fillets (we've used cod and flounder—however always use wild not farm-raised)
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice, fresh
- ¼ cup organic plant-based milk (almond, cashew, coconut)
- 2 drops hot pepper sauce or 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp garlic, fresh, minced
- ¼ tsp white pepper, ground
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ½ cup finely ground organic corn meal
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (for baking dish)
- 1 lemon, fresh and cut in wedges
Preheat oven to 475° F. Wipe fillets with lemon juice and pat dry. Combine milk, hot pepper sauce, and garlic. Combine pepper, salt, and onion powder with cornmeal and place on a plate. Let fillets sit in milk briefly. Remove and coat fillets on both sides with seasoned cornmeal. Let stand briefly until coating sticks to each side of fish. Arrange on lightly oiled shallow baking dish. Bake 20 minutes on middle rack without turning. Cut into 6 pieces. Serve with fresh lemon.
Makes 6 servings.