Roasted Edamame Salad
- 12-16 ounces fresh or frozen shelled edamame (soybean), non GMO or organic
- 1/2 cup fresh organic corn kernels
- 1/4 cup finely diced scallion or green onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Place the edamame, corn, scallion, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper into a 13 by 9 pan and stir to combine. Place on the middle rack of the oven and roast for 10 to 15 minutes, just until the edamame begins to brown. Remove from the oven and place in the refrigerator until completely cool, approximately 30 minutes.
Add the tomato, basil and vinegar to the edamame mixture and toss to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning, as desired. Serve chilled or at room temperature.