You are probably already aware that toxins are virtually everywhere. They are found in foods, in the environment, in our personal care products, in our cooking tools and much, much more.
You might even know some of the ins and outs for avoiding toxin intake. Things like...
- Eating whole foods
- Eating organic, non GMO or locally grown clean (pesticide/herbicide free) foods
- Skipping processed/packaged foods
- Switching from conventional chemical-based cleaning & personal care products to natural
- Using EMF protection with your electronics like Q-Link
... are just a few basic ways to avoid toxins. There are lots of toxins that are more difficult to avoid, like toxins in the air and soil. Plus, even when you do your best to avoid toxins there can even be a buildup of existing toxins within your body that need to be cleared.If you want a personalized look at your body's toxin load as well as a look at where you stand nutritionally I strongly recommend having Hair Tissue Mineral Testing done.
A Hair Tissue Mineral Test is a screening test for the level of 21 minerals and toxic metals in a sample of hair. It is a tissue mineral biopsy that is non-invasive, and extremely accurate.
Regular detoxification of the body is essential to prevent toxic overload and enjoy optimal wellness.
Detoxification is a already natural process for the body. Our feces, urine, lungs and skin (sweat) are great examples of how the body already unloads much of the useless or harmful substances that enter our body.
To aid in the detoxification natural process you can try any number of the following tips & ideas:
LEMONADE DIET RECIPE
Lemons are great for weight-loss and detox from many ailments including the flu. I've used this recipe for years anytime I feel I need to detox or feel I'm starting to catch something I didn't want.
(1 SERVING) From: http://www.thelemonadesite.com
* 1/2 lemon or 2 tbsp of lemon juice
* 1-2 tbsp of pure grade B maple syrup (1tbsp recommended for weight loss)
* 1/10 tsp cayenne pepper (red) or to taste
* 8 oz of purified water
Hydrate to help your body flush out the bad!
Be sure you are drinking enough water! Without water the body can't flush and without flushing toxins wont leave the body.
Wondering how much is enough water? Take your body weight and divide it by 2, that is how many ounces of water you need each day. So a 150 lb person/2 = 75 oz of water needed a day or 9 glasses a day. Remember liquids from clean sources of broth, herbal (non caffeine) teas, juice from fruit, etc. all count too. Peppermint or spearmint herbal tea are two of my favorites.
Jump in the tub!
Detox baths are great anytime but especially during periods of compromised health or when you aren't feeling your best. Here's a great recipe using simple ingredients.
ULTIMATE DETOX BATH
Recipe from: http://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/2012/11/the-ultimate-detox-bath.html
- 2 cups Epsom Salt (or Sea Salt) - draws out toxins from your body while relieving aches and pains
- 1 cup Apple Cider Vinegar - soothes and soften dry, itchy skin while balancing the bodies and neutralizing the bodies pH.
- 1/2 cup Bentonite Clay - stimulates the lymphatic system to deeply cleanse the body’s largest breathing organ, the skin.
- 5-10 drops of your favorite Essential Oil - lavender, geranium, sandalwood, and blue tansy are all known for their detoxifying properties.
Run your bath water as hot as you like. Add your “ingredients” and agitate to dissolve. Soak for 20-40 minutes. Drink a full glass of water when you’re finished.
However, if you don't have the bentonite clay, you can use without it. I like to switch ingredients, one night its ACV and the next use epsom salts. What are you favorite detox bath ingredients?